Organize the desktop in sub category..

Martino manda.mgf at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 13:26:32 CET 2009

@Fernando: Mmm.. I undersatnd.. Yes sure but I thinked at the sub category
vison on the main scree for more coerence at the illume.. In second Illume
has just a similar solution with the large slider ... I don't know If you
understand but my english is very bad..
@Kimaidou: I don't try the hackable:1, how it is the menu? where I can find
some screen shot?
And also I think at similar solution (in the svg there are some test but
nothing good)..

2009/3/28 kimaidou <kimaidou at gmail.com>

> Hi all
>
> I think the Hackable:1 distribution uses a quite efficient and quick way to
> organize the applications icons : a "home" screen with only the most used
> applications (now dates, contacts, dialer), and another screen with a list
> containing the categories. When selecting an item on the list, you get the
> filtered icons.
>
> Why not using this kind of menu for other distributions ?
>
> Kimaidou
>
> 2009/3/28 Fernando Martins <fernando at cmartins.nl>
>
>> Martino wrote:
>>
>> > Thanks to evry body..
>> > @Fernando:
>> > For example can you use frequently some apps from 2 different category
>> > and take open the 2 category (but I know the problem can be solve
>> > using a favorite category..).. It' only an idea.. :D
>> >
>> A favorites is nice but I would like to have a sliding toolbar (like in
>> illume config) where the common apps are shown as icons. Then the tabbed
>> interface would show the full collection and allow me to drag and drop
>> icons from there into the toolbar.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Fernando

Martino