[debian] preferred working kernel at the moment?

Timo Juhani Lindfors timo.lindfors at iki.fi
Sat Mar 28 17:44:23 CET 2009

Fox Mulder <Quakeman1 at gmx.net> writes:
> i wonder which kernel is the "best" or lets say the most stable and
> working für debian at the moment. Since i upgraded from the last 2.6.24
> kernels to the 2.6.28/29 i have more problems than benefits. :/

I have tested andy-tracking b8b36e5ec3db71d for a long time and it
seems to be quite stable.

> The really big improvment from 2.6.24->2.6.28/29 is that the standby
> time has improved really much. With this i can firstly carry the phone

What's the contents of the current_now file in /sys in both cases
immediately after resume?

> problem is that after suspend the backlight mechanism doesn't recognize
> a touch on the screen anymore. Therefor after it dims and gets dark it

That sounds really really odd. Can you reproduce this without having
frameworkd running (it tries to control backlight too)?

Which X server are you running?

> Another problem is that the memory consumption on debian is much higher
> and the system responsiveness is much slower than before. But this could
> also be a problem of other system components which are updated on a
> regular basis.

ps -eorss,cmd | sort -n?