[Qt Extended Improved] Alarm wake up from suspend

Franky Van Liedekerke liedekef at telenet.be
Sun Mar 29 19:27:25 CEST 2009

On Sun, 29 Mar 2009 12:40:41 -0400
Nick Matteo <openmoko at kundor.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 11:37 AM, Franky Van Liedekerke
> <liedekef at telenet.be> wrote:
> > On Fri, 27 Mar 2009 14:23:28 -0700 (PDT)
> > andrew howlett <andrew at howlett.net> wrote:
> > Just to let everybody know: Andrew (radagast) found the issue at
> > hand, and it's a oneliner fix (something about not needing to use a
> > monotonic clock) . See
> > http://trac.karadog.net/qt-extended-improved/ticket/11
> >
> > I now have a qtextended 4.4.3 installation with the following extra:
> > - working wifi (even after suspend/unsuspend)
> > - alarms on time (for alarms app, but probably also for calender
> >  alarms)
> > - mp3 support (albeit laggy if the touchscreen is used)
> > - qterminal (I don't use it, but hey ...)
> >
> > Now the following issues remain:
> > - better keyboard (for me, but that's not a real issue). I've
> > already tweaked the settings a bit to get something better, see
> >  http://trac.karadog.net/qt-extended-improved/ticket/10
> > - voice notes app not recording (seems to be an alsa-state thing)
> > - voicemail service number not saved across reboots
> > - 2.6.28 compatibility, for better battery usage and maybe some
> > other fixes (please, somebody please tell me why 2.6.28 is better
> > for the neo)
> >
> > I'm hoping to have a crack at the voicemail number problem, but see
> > http://trac.karadog.net/qt-extended-improved/ticket/15
> >
> > If anybody is interested in my qtextended image, I can put a tar.gz
> > file online if wanted ...
> >
> > Franky
>
> I'd be interested.  Alarm during suspend has been an issue for me.
> I've been meaning to investigate it, but I suppose I was hoping
> someone else would do it first.  So I'm very grateful to Mr Howlett
> ;-)
>
> Thanks,
> Nick

My version can be found at http://users.telenet.be/liedekef/good1.tgz
Install instructions:
- flash bin and rootfs of qtextended-improved first, boot and reboot
- copy good1.tgz to your phone
- rm -rf /opt/Trolltech/Qtopia/*
- Unzip/untar good1.tgz to there :
  tar zxf /home/root/good1.tgz -C /opt/Trolltech/Qtopia
- reboot

Franky