atd-over-fso 0.70-r1: fix to start atd (missing D-Bus security policy file)

Łukasz Pankowski lukpank at o2.pl
Sun Mar 29 22:02:38 CEST 2009

Marcel <tanuva at googlemail.com> writes:

> Hey Łukasz,
>
> first: you've built a nice gui there :)
> But I've got some problem: I'm using Debian (which somehow has an atd on my
> desktop system but I cannot find it in the repositories...) and am happy to
> hear you made a(n?) fso wrapper. Having extracted the binary and initscript
> from the ipkg by hand, I get this message on starting atd:
>
> d-a318:~# DISPLAY=:0 atd /var/spool/at/
> Error: Connection ":1.57" is not allowed to own the
> service "org.openmoko.projects.ffalarms.atd" due to security policies in the
> configuration file

Hey Marcel,

Thanks for reporting the problem. I have just released atd-over-fso
0.70-r1 including D-Bus security policy file
/etc/dbus-1/system.d/atd-over-fso.conf which should fix the problem.

After putting this file into your Debian system you have to run
/etc/init.d/dbus reload
and it should start properly.

> [added the DISPLAY-variable because I suspected x forwarding to mess something
> up there]

atd-over-fso, as framoworkd works on the system bus, so DISPLAY has no effect.

> Which config file do I have to change and what would these changes look like?

See above.

> I'd be really happy having an actually working alarms app for the Neo, thanks
> for your work! :)

I also hope it will :). Packaging for Debian is next on may TODO list,
I hope to find some time for that next week.

Łukasz