ffalarms 0.2.1 and atd-over-fso (now works on SHR-testing)

Łukasz Pankowski lukpank at o2.pl
Sun Mar 29 23:06:24 CEST 2009

"Michael 'Mickey' Lauer" <mickey at vanille-media.de> writes:

> On Saturday 28 March 2009 01:58:34 Łukasz Pankowski wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> I am the author of Finger friendly alarms [1].  Which I developed for
>> Om 2008.12 up to version 0.2.
>>
>> I am happy to announce version 0.2.1 of ffalarms which adds support
>> for SHR (tested on SHR testing) -- for this I ported atd to work on
>> top of FSO Framework Time API (called atd-over-fso available from
>> ffalarms download page [2]).
>
> Awesome, that fits nicely in line with fso-gpsd and fso-apm. Would you be
> interested to have the code in the git.freesmartphone.org repository?

That would be great.

So to fit even better it should be renamed fso-atd. (I have not looked
at git.freesmartphone.org for similar projects when selecting the
name).

atd-over-fso is currently styled as a patch on top of
${HANDHELDS_CVS};module=apps/atd;tag=ATD-0_70 to be put into
~/moko/local/packages tree (my overlay over org.openmoko.stable, no
fso yet) by

$ make install

but it would be more sane to include patched version into the
git.freesmartphone.org repository and then refer to the supposed

    ${FREESMARTPHONE_GIT}/fso-atd.git;protocol=git;branch=master

in the recipe (as fso-gpsd). What do you think?

I must confess atd-over-fso does little cheating -- as plain atd it
sets RTC clock from sytem clock before setting an alarm with
org.freesmartphone.Time.Alarm.SetAlarm().  It sets RTC clock directly
as org.freesmartphone.Device.RealtimeClock.SetCurrentTime() says I
have no rights to use it (do not have the actual message at hand), and
even that would be a hack, as org.freesmartphone.Time.Alarm.SetAlarm()
should do this IMHO (I should open a bug report on this).