[SHR,FSO] Serenity theme for illume

Helge Hafting helge.hafting at hist.no
Mon Mar 30 13:30:36 CEST 2009

Joel Newkirk wrote:

> I use it currently with SHR-unstable and FSO-MS5.1.  You can download
> it from http://newkirk.us/om/serenity-0.2.tar.gz and extract - it opens
> to a folder named serenity, which
> contains usr/share/enlightenment/data/themes/serenity.edj
> and usr/share/enlightenment/data/config/serenity folder holding a few
> files. Copy themes/serenity.edj and the config/serenity folder
> to /usr/share/enlightement, then you can select it in Illume Settings
> under Look->Theme, select 'System' at the top-left to see themes
> installed globally. (/usr/share/...)  NOTE: Wallpaper and Theme, at
> least, may segfault if you are using Software_16 rendering.

software_16 caused a segfault, so I turned this off. I can always go
back after the change is made.

Unfortunately, I couldn't get a change.
I now have /usr/share/enlightenment/data/themes/serenity.edj,
and /usr/share/enlightenment/data/config/serenity/ with five files.

I can select serenity in Look->Theme. I then press OK, and
the display goes black for a long time while enlightenment uses 100%
cpu. After a while, the standard theme comes back - nothing new to see.
Nothing like those screenshots.

Is there anything more that should be done? Some package I ought to
install?  I have the shr testing distro.

Helge Hafting