[QtExtended] Bad kernel used as base image and other issues

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Tue Mar 31 00:42:06 CEST 2009

Franky Van Liedekerke wrote:

> - when a second sms arrives, it results in 3 sms's in the inbox,
>   instead of 2. It seems the previous sms is counted twice.
>   I believe the reason for this to be the following: qtextended sees an
>   alert for a new sms, checks the simcard and copies all the sms's from
>   there, but it fails to remove them from the sim afterwards.
>   Therefore, the scenario is the following:
>
>         |  sms count on sim | sms count in qt
>   ------------------------------------------------
>   sms 1:         1                  1
>   sms 2:         2                  1+2
>   sms 3:         3                  1+2+3
>   etc ...
>
>   This is consistent when I switch the sim-card to another phone: I
>   then see 3 sms's on the sim. And in qt-extended (without sim) I see 6
>   sms's in the inbox.
>   I don't know if this issue is fixed in later kernels or so? I am
>   using the latest gsm firmware (moko11), so maybe the kernel is the
>   problem here ... might a2.6.28 or newer kernel help?

Hi Franky,
for me it's not that easy. I just sent another 3 sms and there are no
duplicates for these. But i have 1 duplicate sms from this morning.
I will try to reproduce this problem and take a look. Btw it is
possible to see some trace logs. You will have to enable logging in
Settings->Logging-Categories. Then connect to NEO with ssh, kill qpe
and run:

echo 0 > /sys/bus/platform/devices/neo1973-pm-gsm.0/power_on
echo 1 > /sys/bus/platform/devices/neo1973-pm-gsm.0/power_on
source /opt/Trolltech/Qtopia/qpe.env
qpe

Qtopia will write debugging messages on ssh console. So this could
help.

I will be busy at work next few day, so it will take some time to
get to this.

Radek