AGPS Thoughts

Timo Juhani Lindfors timo.lindfors at iki.fi
Tue Mar 31 10:31:30 CEST 2009

Sebastian Hammerl <list-openmoko at omoco.de> writes:
> 1.) anyone knows a was to get the coordinates of area codes?

Openstreetmap has postal codes but not telephone area codes. Can you
map postal codes to telephone area codes?

> 2.) anyone wants to try to code something in this direction?

Wouldn't it be much easier to just improve opencellid.org so that at
least all lac's are covered?

> 3.) is anyone interested in a program that would give agps the needed
> data (so perhaps when I get the time I will start coding :) )

There are already several programs to feed agps data. What new do you
need? I use

http://svn.openmoko.org/developers/matt_hsu/agps-online/