Time from the calypso chipset

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at vanille-media.de
Fri May 1 14:30:45 CEST 2009

Hi Bill,

> Can read the chipset time, but cant seem to set it (from mickyterm).
> Tried lots of variations, and from what googling finds it *should* work,
> but doesnt.  Is there something I am missing? (using moko11 firmware)
>
> OK
> AT+CCLK?
> AT+CCLK?
> +CCLK: "0/1/1,0:0:14"
>
> OK
> AT+CCLK="00/01/01,1:0:15"
> AT+CCLK="00/01/01,1:0:15"
> ERROR
> AT+CCLK="0/1/1,1:0:15"
> AT+CCLK="0/1/1,1:0:15"
> ERROR

Welcome to the wonderful world of standards compliance *cough*. Getting the
time from the modem has just recently been implemented in frameworkd as per
http://git.freesmartphone.org/?p=framework.git;a=commitdiff;h=633ffc7bb9bbfc25ff4142d9291af00afbbd4fad;hp=1d4a6f96edf56531c891533bb7e704e2c950943b

The fun thing is you need to give the UTC offset in the set command, although
the Calypso does not honor it and won't report it back. So if you want to do
it manually, do it like that:

<----------- Mickey's Term V2.9.1 @ /dev/pts/3 ----------->
AT-Command Interpreter ready

OK