[Mokomaze 0.5.0] is released

ANT ant007h at gmail.com
Fri May 1 20:21:42 CEST 2009

Hi all!

Mokomaze 0.5.0 (ball-in-the-labyrinth game) with completely new physics and
graphics engines is released! As I said before, there are a lot of changes
since previous version:
 * a good-looking skin
 * use ODE (Open Dynamics Engine) instead of my own physics engine
 * rolling ball animation
 * falling ball animation
 * gravity calibration feature
 * GUI improvements
 * added exit button
I've also added _2_new_levels_.

The ball became 3D and physics now calculates angular velocities, so the
game consumes more CPU time than before, but framerate stays more than
decent, so no lagging.

Please take into account that one more dependency was added. Now the game
requires libode, which is already in Debian, but not in Openmoko
repositories. So, I've provided an .ipk compiled by myself.
Other than that, the structure of source code and building system is
unchanged.

Complete instructions for
 * installation
 * avoiding auto-suspend and display dimming
 * accelerometer calibration
are available at the project's homepage [1].
Information on opkg.org was also renewed [2].
The demonstration video (from announce letter) is available on youtube [3].

The debian package is untested, so let me know if it works or not.

[1] http://mokomaze.projects.openmoko.org/
[2] http://www.opkg.org/package_121.html
[3] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVRRXx2kEu8

Have a fun!