Will my phone buzz?

Shachar Shemesh shachar at shemesh.biz
Sun May 3 07:58:39 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I fairly recently bought a freerunner. My cellular provider uses 900MHz,
and I (and my call partners) do not complain of any buzz. However, I
understand that the buzz mostly happens with 1800 and 1900 cellular
networks, and so the fact I hear no buzz does not mean my phone is buzz

For the next few weeks I have high access to SMT soldering equipment and
people who know how to work them. I'd prefer to find a way to find out
whether my phone needs the buzz fix now (and how to apply it), rather
than later (when I will have no capability to actually fix it).

Can anyone tell me how I can find out? Is there some way to look at the
board of a phone and tell whether it has the fix?

Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Source Consulting Ltd.