[Mokomaze 0.5.0] is released

ANT ant007h at gmail.com
Sun May 3 09:20:31 CEST 2009

Aapo Rantalainen
>>Hi, I implemented some multiplayer code (proof-of-concept).

Good start!
Just some coding tips:

>>Every time ball is drawn, its coordinates are sended to
>>opponent.

There would be better to have a timer that sends ball's coordinates with
fixed periodicity (e.g. 60 times a second).

>>opponents player drawings (this is very ugly, but there were no any
>>support for drawing multiballs)

It is better to draw opponent's ball by a sprite (as in previous versions of
mokomaze) and may be with alpha blending.
Also, you need to remember opponent's previous position to restore the
level's background in that place. Then draw opponent's ball. Then refresh
screen surface at old and new ball's location.

>>level changing  (this might need there must be some true 'protocol'
>>to handle communication)

This is what to be done first of all.