[QtExtended] Latest and greatest, progress mail 11

leonardo leonardo at lilik.it
Mon May 4 15:01:36 CEST 2009

Franky Van Liedekerke ha scritto:
 > * contact management:
>   - I don't like it when SIM contacts get merged invisible, so I want
> SIM contact import to be optional (and maybe also a SIM export should
> exist as option)
>   - the building of the contact list is slow (because of too many SQL
> statements)
> * bluetooth: 2.6.28 kernels like bluez4, QtE doesn't ...
> * keyboard: now that the keyboard prediction can be turned off, it is
> already much more usable, but still needs a lot of "dragging
> left/right/up/down" to make a real sentence with punctuation and
> stuff. So some extra buttons and rearranging of existing ones would be
> nice ...

Moro Franky,
there is another issue that drives me crazy sometimes. If you have two
numbers for the same person and you want to send an SMS you have to
choose the person from the contact list before you write the SMS. Else,
when you chose the person from the list it automatically gets chosen the
first one (which in general is the home number...). It is really
annoying because you write the whole SMS and then you throw it away
because you can't choose the number.

This is a regression from Qtopia where it was possible to choose among
the addresses.

It's in my to-do list after the visual feedback on the keyboard.

ciao,
leonardo.

--
http://leonardo.lilik.it
Key fingerprint = 2C20 A587 05AC 42E5 1292  D0D4 3EED CFB5 52FD AD1E