[QtExtended] Latest and greatest, progress mail 11

Lorn Potter lpotter at trolltech.com
Mon May 4 21:51:17 CEST 2009

On 04/05/2009, at 11:01 PM, leonardo wrote:

> Franky Van Liedekerke ha scritto:
>> * contact management:
>>  - I don't like it when SIM contacts get merged invisible, so I want
>> SIM contact import to be optional (and maybe also a SIM export should
>> exist as option)
>>  - the building of the contact list is slow (because of too many SQL
>> statements)
>> * bluetooth: 2.6.28 kernels like bluez4, QtE doesn't ...
>> * keyboard: now that the keyboard prediction can be turned off, it is
>> already much more usable, but still needs a lot of "dragging
>> left/right/up/down" to make a real sentence with punctuation and
>> stuff. So some extra buttons and rearranging of existing ones would
>> be
>> nice ...
>
> Moro Franky,
> there is another issue that drives me crazy sometimes. If you have two
> numbers for the same person and you want to send an SMS you have to
> choose the person from the contact list before you write the SMS.
> Else,
> when you chose the person from the list it automatically gets chosen
> the
> first one (which in general is the home number...).

The order of numbers on a new contact is this:

Mobile, Home

But listed on the details page as this:
Mobile.

When I tested this, and created a new sms, I got the Mobile number.

> It is really
> annoying because you write the whole SMS and then you throw it away
> because you can't choose the number.
>
> This is a regression from Qtopia where it was possible to choose among
> the addresses.
>
> It's in my to-do list after the visual feedback on the keyboard.

Having to choose would add a few more clicks to actually sending an sms.
But, being able to choose between "business mobile" and "mobile" might
mean the difference between a won contract and a kick in the pants.