Ain't it funny..

David Reyes Samblas Martinez david at
Tue May 5 09:19:15 CEST 2009

2009/5/5 Risto H. Kurppa <risto at>:
> The community work seems to be slowing down now (because of the
> summer?) and the the community doesn't seem to be pushing together for
> One Working Distro. We have about 15 distributions around but as far
> as I know (I haven't tested them all..), they all are 'developer
> skills required', not 'consumer friendly'.
I dissgree, shr testing no need for developer skills, it just works as
daily phone, it has passed the "wife acceptance test" his words:
-"Well, finally this thing seem to work", she was able to make and
receive calls, sending sms, and also use the gps without more
intructions than ocasional translation,
>We've had Freerunner around
> now for about a year and there's still not a proper web browser around
> (packaged, 'just works'). Slow/buggy/not supporting JavaScript/etc...
whoosh from Hackable1 is what you are searching for, I hope it will be
ported son to opkg/OE based distros.
> OM2009 testing 2 was released some days ago. So far ~3 e-mails on the
> list about it.
> New version of Mokomaze was released some days ago, too. Around 50 mails.
> To me this tells that people are more interested in Mokomaze than OM2009.
Not I'm not but I have honestly admint I'm waiting for the final
OM2009 before start testing.