Ain't it funny..

rakshat hooja rakshat at gmail.com
Tue May 5 09:52:03 CEST 2009

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 11:57 AM, Risto H. Kurppa <risto at kurppa.fi> wrote:

> The community work seems to be slowing down now (because of the
> summer?) and the the community doesn't seem to be pushing together for
> One Working Distro. We have about 15 distributions around but as far
> as I know (I haven't tested them all..), they all are 'developer
> skills required', not 'consumer friendly'. We've had Freerunner around
> now for about a year and there's still not a proper web browser around
> (packaged, 'just works'). Slow/buggy/not supporting JavaScript/etc...
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Browser_review
>
> OM2009 testing 2 was released some days ago. So far ~3 e-mails on the
> list about it.
> New version of Mokomaze was released some days ago, too. Around 50 mails.
> To me this tells that people are more interested in Mokomaze than OM2009.
>
> But still, we have open hardware that can be used as a daily phone.

I have just moved from 2008.12 Kustomizer to SHR Testing and it works as a
daily phone just fine. Chatted on pidgin for a long time yesterday without
any problem for the first time. I shifted as I am traveling for the 2 months
and wont be in office for regular updates so needed a stable phone for
calling and sms.

I think once paroli becomes non full screen  (if it already has announcement
needed) more people will be interested in OM 2009 as they can have a stable
phone and also play mokomaze

Rakshat