hackable:1 - new release

Tha_Man jeroenbreg at hotmail.com
Tue May 5 14:56:03 CEST 2009

Marcus Bauer-2 wrote:

> Hello Openmoko Community,
>
> a new release of hackable:1 is available!

This is great news!! I've been looking forward to this so much, I think
Debian is the most powerful OS for the FR and H1 certainly has my preference
amongst the other distro's.
I've tried the rev4-preview last weekend, works great en is blazingly fast
compared to rev3 (IMO). Interface looks great and the best thing of all:
it's very easy to add, modify or remove programs.

There is however one thing that prevents me from using my FR as a daily
phone (based on rev4-preview):  http://trac.hackable1.org/trac/ticket/52
ticket #52 . I tried both Qi (andy's latest) and U-boot (from NOR, I
believe) and in both cases the contacts app fails to recognize the '+' in
front of the phone numbers of (all) my contacts and more importantly I never
see *all* my contacts in the contact list! I use the latest moko11 firmware
update btw, as I read on the ticket-page this might be related.
It seems (not sure) that when using U-boot I see more contacts (about 30)
than when using Qi (about 20), but I'm not entirely sure.

Can you tell me if this bug is well know, if it is already fixed in rev4-rc1
or planned to be fixed in the near feature? I've tested with rev4-preview, I
haven't had the time to fully test rev4-rc1. Please keep up the great work!!

Cheers,
Jeroen a.k.a. Tha_Man