OpenMoko and LCD TV

roguemoko at roguewrt.org roguemoko at roguewrt.org
Wed May 6 04:07:07 CEST 2009

On 6/05/2009 11:05 AM, The Digital Pioneer wrote:
> They run Linux on TVs now?? What kind of processing is a TV doing that
> needs an OS overseeing it?

I haven't read the previous posts but nearly all late model flat panels
I've dealt with have some sort of divx/mpeg4 compatible media player
built in with USB access. My 2yr old TCL LCD 40" has one. It works great
although some slowdown on intense scenes. I haven't touched it since I
got my PS3 :) ... actually, I haven't watched anything not originating
from my PS3 since I got it :)

Although they become redundant pretty quick in our circles, they are
great for the non-technical. I just wish they would support some viable
way of upgrading/flashing to support more codecs. I don't think I'll be
seeing an rs232 port an LCD TV anytime soon :)

Sarton