Intone (0.30 - beta release) Elementary based mplayer frontend

c_c cchandel at
Wed May 6 11:55:36 CEST 2009

Robin Paulson wrote:
>> 1. could you provide a setting for the default directory at startup?
 I'm not sure what you mean. I wrote intone with the idea that you don't
need to deal with directories at all. Add songs, select/edit a playlist, and
that gets loaded when you start.
 Or are you talking about a default directory in the directory browser?

Robin Paulson wrote:
>>2. is there any chance of getting songs displayed with their id3 tags,
>>rather than filenames?
 Thats going along - though slowly. I'm going to release a new version by
the weekend that allows the user to toggle to a different view with album
art and id3 tags (if available).
 Do you want id3 tags in the list too?

Robin Paulson wrote:
>>3. there's an annoying flickering whenever i enter a new directory in
> ?the 'add albums' page.
 Are you talking about the 1st entry getting selected/unselected 3 times or
That seems to happen when I use genlists - seems like an elementary thing -
though it could be my fault. Let me try and solve that.

  The new version will also have sliders for bass and treble. And some