[Om2008.x] Announcing BlueMoko 1.0b1

Franky Van Liedekerke liedekef at telenet.be
Wed May 6 13:59:56 CEST 2009

On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 1:17 PM, Paul Fertser <fercerpav at gmail.com> wrote:
> DJDAS <djdas at djdas.net> writes:
>> this is for announcing the first beta release of BlueMoko, a PyGTK GUI
>> handler for the bluetooth stack.
>> I still don't support FSO based distributions
>> Dependencies: PyGTK, Bluez-3.33
>
> OM2008.x was deprecated half a year ago (moreover, many people think
> it was dead-born), Bluez-3.x were put to "maintenance mode" for quite
> some time (a year?) too. I'm afraid you missed the train. :(
>
> And BTW, FSO-based distros should now support bluetooth headsets out
> of the box, one needs to follow instructions from [1].
>
> [1] http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Manually_using_Bluetooth#Once_Again.2C_Bluetooth_Headset_on_Freerunner

I beg to differ, but if those instructions mean "out of the box", then
all commandline things are "out of the box" as well. Commandline
instructions are very nice, but when you're in a car and try to pair
with the car bluetooth, this is not practical at all. You need a gui
there...
Also, the person that wrote that wiki says "However, I couldn't get an
actual voice over it, just crackling". If this is no longer true,
somebody should change it.

Franky