Bluetooth headsets in FSO

DJDAS djdas at djdas.net
Wed May 6 14:29:55 CEST 2009

Paul Fertser ha scritto:
> Franky Van Liedekerke <liedekef at telenet.be> writes:
>
>>> And BTW, FSO-based distros should now support bluetooth headsets out
>>> of the box, one needs to follow instructions from [1].
>>>
>>> [1] http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Manually_using_Bluetooth#Once_Again.2C_Bluetooth_Headset_on_Freerunner
>>>
>> I beg to differ, but if those instructions mean "out of the box", then
>> all commandline things are "out of the box" as well. Commandline
>> instructions are very nice, but when you're in a car and try to pair
>> with the car bluetooth, this is not practical at all. You need a gui
>> there...
>>

> You Qtopia guys seem to have a quite unusual (for a unix hackers) POV
> ;)
>
> Framework already supports BT headsets. The fact GUI is missing shows
> the lack of interest from end-users, well, i think it'll change soon.

The fact stable telephony is still missing since 2 years doesn't seem
lack of interest :P
Seriously: BlueMoko is intended mainly as GUI for Bluetooth because
every 20€ phone has its own... I started as proof-of-concept with those
dependencies as they are the most stable to my daily use distro and
working properly for my experiments, but consider it uses only DBUS
calls to Bluez so if APIs don't change too much (I have to verify) it
should work with Bluez4 too and for FSO I plan to integrate
compatibility with it to let it work with every distro (except qtopia
based obviously, but they should still have their BT GUI). Furthermore I
didn't read of A2DP support in FSO and BlueMoko started with it in mind ;)
If FSO team agrees too, they can integrate my future plans (file
exchange, AVRCP, networking...) and we can work together to provide full
BT support, provided I'd like to customize GUI handling to achieve
compatibility with different toolkits (GTK, Elementary, console, etc..)
Bye!