Intone (0.30 - beta release) Elementary based mplayer frontend

c_c cchandel at yahoo.com
Wed May 6 14:49:59 CEST 2009

Hi,

Robin Paulson wrote:

>>yes, i'm talking about a default directory.
>>i prefer not to use the playlists, selecting albums folder by folder,
>>using the file structure as if it was a library - much easier and
>>simpler i find

 If I understand you correctly, you're looking at adding a folder and
letting
intone play it.
 As of now, if you add the root folder of your music to intone, you'll
get all your folders added as albums and playlists automatically. Then - you
just use the playlist you want (which is the same as selecting that folder).
 Or am I missing something you want?

Robin Paulson wrote:

>>>  Do you want id3 tags in the list too?
>>yes, that'd be great. so long as it doesn't slow things down too much

 It *will* slow down the initial scan at the very least. And increase
dependency on another set of libraries. Let me think over this.

Robin Paulson wrote:

>>>  The new version will also have sliders for bass and treble.
>>i'd say: keep it simple and leave the sliders out

 I was looking at controlling the bass and treble levels in the WM8753 tone
control. Not software based.

Robin Paulson wrote:

> oh, one other thing - can you make the play button change to a pause
> symbol when it's playing?

:-) That's been one thing I've always managed to miss in every release. Will
do that this time.