Enlightenment and .desktop file (with autostarting)

Laszlo KREKACS laszlo.krekacs.list at gmail.com
Wed May 6 20:04:58 CEST 2009

Hi!

I hope my questions are mainly rtfm ones, so someone can provide me
the right links;)

Short story:
I installed om2009, and after I installed paroli from git.
I could launch the new paroli (latest git) from command line.
So I thought a little modification in /usr/share/paroli.desktop would be enough.

I changed in the desktop file the Exec and TryExec line, but when I clicked on
the Desktop button, nothing happened (didnt launch paroli).

I even restarted the phone hoping it will magically load. But it
loaded instead the
old paroli application! even when no .desktop file existed for it.

So I suspect there are definietly some caching mechanism inside E, and this
is the reason why paroli failed to launch.

Because when I changed every name in the .desktop file:
Name, GenericName, Comment

The icon magically begun to work. But when I start the phone the *old* paroli
gets loaded. (I need to close it, and start the new one via the desktop button)

So my question are:
1. Where are the autolaunching application defined (paroli starts automagically)
2. How can I force E to reload the .desktop file and execute it and
not the old (cached) one.
3. How can I make sure the E autolaunch the right application?

Any idea, documentation, comments are appreciated!

Im playing since hours with this problem.

Best regards,
 Laszlo