[New Mokomaze] Coming soon

Joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Thu May 7 03:23:38 CEST 2009

Am Mi  29. April 2009 schrieb arne anka:
> > I don't think it's wise to use the accelerometers as a way to tell
> > whether the phone is used or not.
>
> to repeat it again: we are talking about people playing a game or whatever
> with the only activity being moving the device --
> _NO_TOUCH_OR_BUTTON_OR_WHATEVER_.
> now, how is the frameworkd (or what might be used instead) supposed to
> know, that the device should _NOT_ blank nor suspend?

Using gmeter for resetting suspend-timer is useless here as I may hold the
game steady and still don't want the screen to blank.
The only correct way to handle this is to stop screenblanking as long as
mokomaze is running.
I suggest using fsoraw for this purpose (it's been intended to handle exactly
these issues), or patch mokomaze to allocate the correct resource by itself,
though that would somewhat restrict portability of the app to non-fso based
systems.

cheers
jOERG