Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at
Thu May 7 06:49:06 CEST 2009

Am 06.05.2009 um 22:23 schrieb Korbinian Rosenegger:

> Hi
> Is it possible to bring the devices to you in person? This could save
> shipping costs for all of us who can use the S-Bahn without additional
> costs or pass the A995 regularly since it's about 1 km from the next
> S-Bahn station (Deisenhofen) or less than 4 km from the A995 to your
> address in Oberhaching (distances measured in Google Maps).

I understand your idea, but we can't manage it that way for several
reasons, I can't discuss here in detail.

One is that we are not doing the rework ourselves but by a company in
Munich. So there is no chance for you to wait for the rework.

Then, we think by using "Hermes Versand", your cost for shipping in is
just 4 EUR. So we are not farther away than your next Hermes office
(see and teh Paketshop Locator).

Finally, the free battery given by Openmoko is thought as compensation
for the shipping cost.

Best regards,