PS3 Linux [was - Re: OpenMoko and LCD TV]

Helge Hafting helge.hafting at hist.no
Thu May 7 10:09:16 CEST 2009

roguemoko at roguewrt.org wrote:
> On 6/05/2009 6:39 PM, Yorick Moko wrote:
>> have you tried pairing yourn FR to the ps3
>> to use it as a controller/keyboard/music(or picture)streamer/whatever ?
>
> Since I left my FR out in the rain, I haven't done much with it.
>
> Surprisingly, it still works ... but the touch area of the shelf doesn't
> function. So I can boot, take a call but as soon as I load an app I
> can't go back etc. I've been meaning to throw the debian sd card back in

Just turn the display upside down using "xrandr", then the shelf is
placed in a touch area that works. Or perhaps 90 degrees.

Try it out with the terminal. If it works well, add the command
to some startup script so it happens automatically.

It is still fully useable if you connect a usb mouse (and enable
the X cursor, which is easy.) But you probably don't want to use a phone
with a mouse. :-)

Also consider taking the display apart for cleaning. Water quickly cause
corrotion wherever there is electricity. Might be worth a try taking the
display off and cleaning with something like alcohol. Alcohol dissolves
any water left over, it doesn't conduct electricity, and lefover alcohol
evaporate quickly. If you get rid of any trapped water and corroded
gunk, then the touchscreen might improve.

There is the risk of breaking the thing further, but it seems
sufficiently broken alredy.

Helge Hafting