Om2009 testing Release 2

Angus Ainslie nytowl at openmoko.org
Thu May 7 15:17:33 CEST 2009

Hi Ed,

On Thu, 2009-05-07 at 12:18 +0200, Ed Kapitein wrote:

> I have a +/- 3 pixel band on the top with random "noise" and colors.

That is from using qi. We'll check the theme to see if that can be
fixed.

> Is it possible to add the use of the aux button to the wiki?
> I discovered it by accident.
> Could you make a manual on the wiki on how to use paroli?
> It is not all that intuitive.

There are some basic hints at

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Om2009

If you find any more hidden features they can be added there.

> I made my phone dual boot now, if i like to hack i boot gentoo from SD
> card.
> if i need a phone that just works, i boot paroli.
> for now it is 90% gentoo and 10% paroli, due to missing features as GPS
> app, gprs, browser, mail client, etc.
> But then again perhaps it is best to have a stable phone and take it
> from there.

GPRS can be enabled from the settings app ( one of the AUX button uses )

If you change the paroli theme to illume ( in settings ) you can get all
of the apps that you're used to. TangoGPS , browser (midori, dillo,
fennec), claws mail.

Angus