How to use Google Map on tangoGPS

Daniel.Li lida_mail at
Fri May 8 01:48:14 CEST 2009

On Fri, 2009-05-08 at 11:15 +1200, Robin Paulson wrote:
> 2009/5/8 Daniel.Li <lida_mail at>:
> > On Thu, 2009-05-07 at 15:02 +0200, pam dirac wrote:
> >> try this
> >>!
> >
> > There is only one item for update "OSM", how to config this program to
> > update Google Maps?
> that wasn't an overly helpful link. yaouh is for updating tiles you
> already have on your system. if there are no tiles there, it won't
> update anything. it's more for osm, where the tiles change in some
> areas by the day. in one area, google's rarely change in the space of
> a year.

I think it's OK. well, mountain area :)
> you need to select the google repository in 'config', then drag the
> map around to download tiles.

I didn't see any other repository in drop down list in yaouh. And I
didn't know where to find yaouh's config file.

So is there any manual to guide me though this? If there is, a link will
also do.

> as noted though, if you abuse the
> system, you will be black-listed although only for a limited time i
> believe.

Ah.... I just wanna download the area that I'll pass though during

> i also hear a given ip is allowed to download a limited
> number of tiles not through the api, before access is cut. the figure
> i was quoted was 1000. ymmv

Is there any server that is for public service, providing service for
software like tangoGPS?

Or is there any website to download zipped google maps?