[All?] Dictator - the most undemocratic recording and dictation software ever

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Fri May 8 08:48:28 CEST 2009

Hi,

> The only thing I notice, in our (community) work is that today we have a
> LOT of applications doing gpx recording (going with memory, I remember
> TangoGPS, BikeAtor, Navit, probably also GPS Sight and Mumpot). Some
> applications have a database to insert POIs (like TangoGPS), but still
> doesn't exists something integrating all the features we
> (OSMmappers/surveyors) need.

Intregrating such things is on my todo list for mumpot. For now,
I mark start and end points of a way while cycling on it (in between I
select the highway class),
osm data is directly created and take a photo of street signs
or other things which I do not directly map on the place
(perhaps for the name of a POI, or if the POI is
not in my presets).
Sometimes I stop to do some correction or manual editing.
I upload the osm data on the go directly from mumpot.

At home (on the next day or so) I download the osm data for the area again
in JOSM and add the street names and other stuff from the photos.

I really think an integrated solution would be best because
then you do not need to switch between applications all the time
and the space on the screen is limited. So doing voice recording
could be a kind of "fallback" which can be activated on every
object insertion if the presets are not enough.
I'm also thinking about using buttons in the headset for example
to start recording, or especially on the bicycle scenario,
what about extra buttons on the handlebar?

Greetings
Andreas Kemnade