cofundus call recorder competition results

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at computer.org
Fri May 8 14:44:09 CEST 2009

Great and thanks to the developers!

This is the approach that makes the Openmoko a useful device that is
finally superior to others.

Nikolaus

Am 08.05.2009 um 14:35 schrieb rakshat hooja:

> There were 2 entries for the cofundus call recorder competition.
>
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Call_Recorder
>
> by Tom
>
> and
>
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Dictator
>
> by Matthias
>
> Both fulfilled enough requirements and worked well (there were
> problems with different distros but with FSO based SHR testing they
> were ok).
>
> The  person I asked to judge the softwares (Shakti Singh) liked
> Dictator for its user interface and call recorder for its
> implementation of splitting the incomming and outgoing voice into
> different channels.
>
> He has decided to declare both the submissions as joint winners and
> the prize money being divided among the two. Shakti suggested that
> the leather case be given to Tom as his solution worked straight out
> of the box while Matthias solution now fully functional with the
> second revision.
>
> I would request all of you to try the applications and provide
> feedback to the authors (or enhance them yourselves as the are open
> licensed)
>
> Also I would like to thank Tom and Matthias for the excellent
> applications they have written. This was a much sought after feature
> request on the Freerunner.
>
> Thanks
>
> Rakshat
>

> --

Mobile Office Solutions
by Golden Delicious Computers GmbH&Co. KG
Buchenstr. 3
D-82041 Oberhaching
+49-89-54290367
http://www.handheld-linux.com

AG München, HRA 89571
VAT DE253626266
Komplementär:
Golden Delicious Computers Verwaltungs GmbH
Oberhaching, AG München, HRB 16602
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Nikolaus Schaller

Digital Tools for Independent People