Next cofundus OM competition idea

rakshat hooja rakshat at gmail.com
Fri May 8 16:23:31 CEST 2009

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 7:21 PM, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra <rms at 1407.org>wrote:

> On Fri, May 08, 2009 at 07:04:10PM +0530, rakshat hooja wrote:
> > I was wondering if FR could function as a fax client so one could send
> text
> > and picture files directly to fax numbers and if there is any interest in
> > such an application.  If there is some interest I will set this up as the
> > next OM software comp on cofundus.
>
> How about a telephony suite that actually works? :)

I agree this is very important (though I am quite happy with SHR testing
(16th april)- calls and sms and gprs for browsing work perfectly) I dont
think a small cofundus project is an answer for this. SHR, OM 2009, QTEI,
Android, FYP, Hackable 1 + some I am missing are all trying to get there. I
still dont think we will have a fully functional telephoney stack before the
4th quarter of 2009. My idea is to have a large nummber of stable and
interesting apps avaialble when stable telephony arrives on the FR. So I am
looking at smaller projects - those that can be done in a month by one
person.

Rakshat

> As much as I despise (sorry folks, too slow and doesn't quite cut it) the
> qtopia suite, it's still the one that works best...
>
> Rui
>
> --
> Keep the Lasagna flying!
> Today is Pungenday, the 55th day of Discord in the YOLD 3175
> + No matter how much you do, you never do enough -- unknown
> + Whatever you do will be insignificant,
> | but it is very important that you do it -- Gandhi
> + So let's do it...?

Please use Firefox as your web browser. Its protects you from spyware and is
also a very feature rich browser.
www.firefox.com