[openBmap] Release 0.3.0

Onen onen.om at free.fr
Fri May 8 23:22:28 CEST 2009

Hello everyone!

Here is the new release of the openBmap[1] GSM/GPS logger to build a
free database of GSM coverage.

Highlights:
For the project:
* We have a twitter feed[2]. It gets updated every time uploaded logs
start getting processed.

For the software:
* Beta Neighbour cells log now stable and activated!
We are still evaluating how to use it for map generation. Neighbours
cells are not taken into account for statistics on main Webpage right now.
* Log files are now much bigger, you should have less files to upload.
* If logs in memory when exiting, they will be written to disk.
* Ignore neighbour cell if lac, cid or rxlev is 0.
* GUI now says: GPS is active, and waiting for 3D fix.
* Fix: GPS time in log is now based on GPS data.
Was using the local time of the phone.
* When MCC changes, write logs to file.
This means, a log file, only contains data related to a same MCC, that
is to say, to one country.
* Details in CHANGELOG.

As usual thanks to Stefan and mrmoku for putting it into FSO and SHR feeds.
ipk package available at sourceforge and opkg.org[3].

If anybody is interested in building a package for debian, please
contact me!

Comments, feedback, as usual are more than welcome.

Onen

[1] http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/OpenBmap
[2] http://twitter.com/openBmap/
[3] http://www.opkg.org/package_186.html