Replace battery in suspend

Christian Rüb christian.rueb at gmx.net
Sat May 9 14:20:08 CEST 2009

Hi,

is it possible to do the following:
 * power off GSM
 * suspend
 * plug external USB power supply (can do 100,500 and 1000mA)
 * open device and exchange battery
 * resume again
 * power on GSM
 * (optional) unplug USB power supply

I do not have a second battery (yet) but this scenario might occur while GPS tracking and not having the possibility to charge. I already have this external USB battery but it will not be enough to cover all the time I need my Frerunner running.

I read somewhere that the GSM alway gets its power directly from the battery, thus my interest in turning it off before suspending. Can this work or might this even break anything?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
 Christian