Replace battery in suspend

Marcel tanuva at googlemail.com
Sat May 9 14:49:59 CEST 2009

Am Samstag, 9. Mai 2009 14:20:08 schrieb Christian Rüb:
> Hi,
>
> is it possible to do the following:
>  * power off GSM
>  * suspend
>  * plug external USB power supply (can do 100,500 and 1000mA)
>  * open device and exchange battery
>  * resume again
>  * power on GSM
>  * (optional) unplug USB power supply
>
> I do not have a second battery (yet) but this scenario might occur
> while GPS tracking and not having the possibility to charge. I already
> have this external USB battery but it will not be enough to cover all
> the time I need my Frerunner running.
>
> I read somewhere that the GSM alway gets its power directly from the
> battery, thus my interest in turning it off before suspending. Can this
> work or might this even break anything?
>
> Thanks for your help.

At least on Debian the system resumes once you plug in the external power
so you would have to do that before suspending. I already took the battery
out while the Neo was on usb power and it still ran - but I didn't re-
insert it then (because I was intending a "hard" reboot ;) ) so I don't
know if that could damage anything.

--
Marcel