what hardware version do I REALLY have?

Rask Ingemann Lambertsen rask at sygehus.dk
Sun May 10 21:58:24 CEST 2009

On Sun, May 10, 2009 at 12:25:15PM -0700, Doug Jones wrote:
[snip]
> ...which means hardware version 5, I think.
>
> Did they really ship me an older hardware version?
>
> The date code printed inside the phone is 20080605.

   As far as I can tell, the relationship between date code and PCB revision
is this:

Date code <= 20080718 is GTA02v5.
Date code >= 20080722 is GTA02v6.

   Someone else (on community, support or hardware list) disassembled a
GTA02 with date code 20080718 and found a PCB revision A5. I disassembled my
GTA02 with date code 20080722 two weeks ago and found a PCB revision A6.

--
Rask Ingemann Lambertsen