USB port on openmoko

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Tue May 12 02:02:32 CEST 2009

It looks like a simple serial device plus a USB serial adapter. If you switch
the USB port to host mode (see [1], note changes in kernel 2.6.28 paths) then
plug in your compass it'll probably appear on serial port /dev/ttyUSB0. You
can  check this using dmesg or logread to see that it was recognised. From
there you can treat it as any other serial device. You should be able to find
plenty of example code for that.

[1] http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/USB_host