[Announce] Intel and Nokia announce open source telephony project (oFono)

max csy0013 at googlemail.com
Tue May 12 04:43:40 CEST 2009

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 6:37 AM, Lorn Potter <lpotter at trolltech.com> wrote:
> Levy wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 20:08, Michael 'Mickey' Lauer
>> <mickey at vanille-media.de> wrote:
>>> Yeah,
>>>
>>> that's pretty sad. They should have picked FSO or even Pyneo or at least
>>> something that is already in development for quite a while. This way it looks
>>> like NIH syndrome.
>>
>> Someone is trying to make they use Pyneo on #ofone channel right now.
>

> I seriously doubt Nokia would ever have python on a Symbian device, especially on S40.

Actually, Nokia is quite pro-Python. Check out these links for more info.

http://opensource.nokia.com/projects/pythonfors60/
http://wiki.opensource.nokia.com/projects/PyS60_extensions

Btw, an S60 device runs on the Symbian OS. An S40 device does not.

( Btw, Nokia is pro-Ruby as well :-) . However, Ruby on Symbian is not
as mature as Py60 is. Read more at:
http://developer.symbian.com/main/community/open_source_projects/ruby/index.jsp
)

- Ajith Hussain,
Senior Software Engineer, Devices R&D, Nokia