[Om2009] testing Release 3

Risto H. Kurppa risto at kurppa.fi
Wed May 13 12:35:38 CEST 2009

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 1:18 PM, Max <max at darim.com> wrote:
> So before
> switching to om2009 TR3 I need to make sure that there are no
> regressions which would make my life with FR even worse (it's hard to
> imagine but it's possible).
You have to have a system easily flashable.. That's why I built
Kustomizer for 2008.12 - I always can go back to a working system with
not much hassle..

> The very essential things I expect from om-whatever are:
> - send and receive calls to\from phones in international format e. g.
> starting with + like +790934534...
I think it's fixed now

> - read and create contacts both in English and Russian from both sim
> card and internal db

Don't know about cyrillic characters but I think it reads both internal & sim

> - send and receive sms both in English and Russian

Cyrillic, don't know.

> - lock and unlock screen by pressing aux button

No, doesn't happen yet.

> So my question is - are above mentioned features available on om2009 TR3
> out-of-the-box?

No

> Is there are some packages I need to install to achieve it or some
> configuration tweaks needed?

Replace the alsa state

> If so - how to migrate contacts db and sms message archive from
> om2008.12 to om2009?

My guess is that you don't.. That's why I never even tried to believe
these would be saved..

> - wi-fi with wpa2 working out-of-the-box

AFAIK OM2009t3 should do this