[Neovento-5.3] a quick try - lovely

clare johnstone claregj at gmail.com
Thu May 14 07:00:14 CEST 2009

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 12:30 AM, reznor <schumi_8_2005 at gmx.de> wrote:

> So you mean the window borders are to small for resizing. That's true.
> I don't know if LXDE will make it into the next release or if it will be
> Qalee already.^^
> But I'll remember that. Of course you can change the themes by yourself.
> There are already some with thicker borders besides clearlooks.

No , what I was trying to do was shorten the xterm using the menu from
the xterm picture in its top line.
the resize in that brings up a little picture like several corners
sitting together. When moved it writes the
xterm size and changes the size. But it is too close to the top bar
and all happens very quickly. However since I found the short
keyboard, the standard xterm fits below it without need to shorten the
xterm. Note when it was in use in the previous version (3.18) the
keyboard was not so short.

This morning in the train, I was able to get the GPRS working, and
thus try Woosh and read the BBC news. This I have always wanted. As my
SIM card is GPRS and not GSM (except enough to get the GPRS) I have
not yet tried sound. I did see earlier version had a bug against
sound. I have other SIMS but none of them does both GPRS and GSM,
except "3" which won't work in the openmoko. It is not all the SIMS
that is the nuisance it is the battery chargers.

When i got the GPRS the time changed back from WST to LHST so somehow
it is getting time from the supplier and then
 resetting it. LHST is 2.5 hours ahead of WST, I can work it out, but
in Europe - 10.5 hours ahead of UTC.

more later,
thank you,
clare