[FSO/SHR] ogpsd/fso-gpsd: can't get 4Hz sample rate

Vasco Névoa vasco.nevoa at sapo.pt
Thu May 14 16:50:17 CEST 2009

I don't have much of a problem there... see this:
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Neo_FreeRunner_GPS#Configuration_for_a_higher_sampling_rate

However, you must remember that frameworkd sends a lot of
configurations into the chip, and it keeps talking to it, so it might
be a bit of a hassle to get the chip to listen to you without shutting
down the framework.

Usually, I just do "/etc/init.d/fso-gpsd stop" and avoid launching any
GPS application.  This makes sure the frameworkd shuts down the GPS
chip and lays off it. Then I can send in UBX packets into /dev/ttySAC1
and "tail -f /dev/ttySAC1" without problems.