[shr-testing] sim not recognised

arne anka openmoko at ginguppin.de
Fri May 15 11:04:42 CEST 2009

>> uhm, what does "died" mean? and how did it die?
>
> well, it means it stopped working. i tried it in my old phone, and it

still there's the slight possibility, that the fr was damaged or damaged
the sim -- but until you flash the new firmware which is supposed to sort
sim incompatibilties out (iirc), we have no way to know.
since the sim incompatibility is on the level of the individual fr, you
can't be sure that your friend's sim works in your fr, though it may work
in his.

anyway, just download the image, write to sd and boot from it. it's easy
and painless.