[shr-testing] sim not recognised

Robin Paulson robin.paulson at gmail.com
Fri May 15 11:47:18 CEST 2009

2009/5/15 arne anka <openmoko at ginguppin.de>:
> still there's the slight possibility, that the fr was damaged or damaged
> the sim -- but until you flash the new firmware which is supposed to sort

yes, i think it was the fr that screwed it.

> sim incompatibilties out (iirc), we have no way to know.
> since the sim incompatibility is on the level of the individual fr, you
> can't be sure that your friend's sim works in your fr, though it may work
> in his.
>
> anyway, just download the image, write to sd and boot from it. it's easy
> and painless.

right, everyone's convinced me. now, problem is i don't have a card
reader, so i'll have to flash my micro sd via the freerunner. as the
file is 270MB, i can't do that from the fr flash, so i'll be doing it
from my desktop, over the usb connection. i'm guessing this is going
to involve sshfs, but beyond that i'm in over my head...

can i get some advice on how to do this?

cheers