[shr-testing] sim not recognised

Rask Ingemann Lambertsen rask at sygehus.dk
Fri May 15 12:01:38 CEST 2009

On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 09:47:18PM +1200, Robin Paulson wrote:

> right, everyone's convinced me. now, problem is i don't have a card
> reader, so i'll have to flash my micro sd via the freerunner. as the
> file is 270MB, i can't do that from the fr flash, so i'll be doing it
> from my desktop, over the usb connection. i'm guessing this is going
> to involve sshfs, but beyond that i'm in over my head...
>
> can i get some advice on how to do this?

   If you have the image unpacked[1] somewhere you can get to it from the FR,
one of

# scp host:/path/to/image /dev/mmcblk0
or
# wget URL-to-image -O /dev/mmcblk0

on the FR ought to do the trick. Alternatively, from outside the FR:

$ scp /path/to/image root at gta02:/dev/mmcblk0

[1] It's a .tar.gz archive.

--
Rask Ingemann Lambertsen