[Om2009] a community effort

arne anka openmoko at ginguppin.de
Sat May 16 10:47:52 CEST 2009

> but it doesnt say which version of firmware
> needs upgrading, or any way to check your
> current firmware version, neither on the
> "Flashing" page;

the flashing issue has been discussed so much the last few weeks that i
honestly do not understand, how you can come up with the questions again.
the archives ar full with multiple times the answers.
anyway.
see

> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/OpenmokoFramework/mickeyterm

for checking your current fw version, command is at+cgmr.
if you never knowingly updated your modem's firmware and nobody did it for
you, you very likely don't have fw 11.

> The instructions on the Flashing page
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/GSM/Flashing
> sound very scary, and I am not inclined
> to do that yet.

please, read the full page, not just the first ten lines or so!
in the last part is described how to do everything by simply booting an
image.
get that image, write it to an sd card, boot from said sd card, watch the
automatic flashing, done.