GSM Firmware upgrade (was: Re: [Om2009] a community effort)

Robin Paulson robin.paulson at
Sat May 16 12:01:26 CEST 2009

2009/5/16 Paul Fertser <fercerpav at>:
> pike <pike-openmoko at> writes:
>> The instructions on the Flashing page
>> sound very scary, and I am not inclined
>> to do that yet.

> Upgrading firmware is not scary at all, and is especially easy with
> the uSD image prepared by Joerg.
> I strongly recommend that (you can ask low-level devs but i'm sure
> they'll tell the same).

i'll second that. i'd been avoiding it for weeks, and did it last
night, using the microsd image. it was very simple, and there was
little i could have done wrong

it didn't fix the problem, but that's another issue....