GSM Firmware upgrade

Olivier Berger oberger at ouvaton.org
Sat May 16 12:33:57 CEST 2009

Paul Fertser <fercerpav at gmail.com> writes:

>>> the flashing issue has been discussed so much the last few weeks that i
>>> honestly do not understand, how you can come up with the questions again.
>>> the archives ar full with multiple times the answers.
>>
>> Well... and apparently nobody cared enough at OpenMoko Inc to issue a
>> statement with proper instructions for regular users ? ... nor updating
>> the wiki pages to make it user-friendly either :-/
>
> I spent considerable time making the wiki page precise and
> user-friendly btw. I can't see what you don't like about it.

I was mainly referring to reported user experience in :

Thanks for your efforts, but my understanding of a user-friendly
procedure would be a max. 7 steps with 50 lines long description or
something like that, which could be understood (at least to grasp if
it's needed and the general idea of the required technical level needed)
in 2 minutes reading time...
and currently, the instructions fail to comply with such standards :(
Understanding the Introduction itself takes at least more than 5 minutes
to really figure out what/when/why... IMHO.

Of course your mileage may vary, and the proportion of hackers here is
probably above average ;-)

Best regards,
--
Olivier BERGER