[Om2009] a community effort

Risto H. Kurppa risto at kurppa.fi
Sun May 17 02:24:10 CEST 2009

Awesome Mirko see this mail. Yes, it's an invitation for the community
to start working on OM2009 and I take that since it comes from
Openmoko, Openmoko has some resources to commit to enable the
community to participate. Let's see where this'll take us!

On Sat, May 16, 2009 at 9:39 AM, Mirko Lindner <mirko at openmoko.org> wrote:
> Hey there,
>
> A lot has happened over the past couple of months, but most important in
> my mind has been getting OM2009 out into
> the hands of the community. When we set the very limited goals of OM2009
>  we had two goals in mind:
>
> 1. Give those members of the community who only wanted a daily phone, a
> distro they could use
> 2. Introduce technology that would allow the community to come together
> and improve on these basics

And I think we're nicely heading to both goals!

> Community interaction, open development and user driven decision making
> are at the core of Om2009.

Nice, nice, more of this :)

> I invite you to join the effort to make om2009 with paroli the best
> Om-labeled distribution for the Freerunner.

I'm in! Anyone else?

Some for people to start with: http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Paroli-issues :)

> Paroli has come a long way but it still needs a lot of love and
> optimizing, so if you are into python or efl, check out the code from
> git.paroli.org, join #paroli on irc and let's get crackin'. There is
> lots of things to do, opimd needs to be integrated and improved, the UI
> needs polishing, overall speed can be increased etc etc

Now that you mention it, maybe someone could describe us what opimd is
(please write it here: http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Opimd )

> Let's make Om2009 a community product, something all of us can be proud
> of and say "we did this".

\o/