New Life in Openmoko Phones

Toni Mueller support at
Mon May 18 21:01:24 CEST 2009

On Tue, 19.05.2009 at 01:01:43 +0800, Wolfgang Spraul <wolfgang at> wrote:
> (sorry for the cross-posting, I thought spreading the word about
> gta02-core and new stuff from Openmoko was worth it...)

much appreciated. I don't understand nor agree to all stated goals,
however. If you have something that I could quickly read to get the
rationale for the various proposed changes, I'd be really glad to go
and read that.

> They chose a 100% GPL layout tool, KiCAD
> (, which uses only text-based files

This sounds good, but you seem to require a certain minimum version of
Kicad, right? Checking out from OM and running Lenny's Kicad produced
less-than-satisfactory results... Either the repo is broken, or the
software is. Some clarification would be nice to have!

Kind regards,