root almighty

Gothnet openmoko at nastylittlehorse.net
Tue May 19 16:23:38 CEST 2009

Max Suraev wrote:

> В Втр, 19/05/2009 в 09:48 +0200, Radek Polak пишет:
>> Maybe take a look at Android?
>
> That's not an option for me because I plan to limit myself to free (as
> in freedom) distributions only. If I wanted some proprietary staff on my
> phone I would just buy some sort of chineese iphone :-)
>
> Thanks for suggestion anyway,
> Max.

What's proprietary about android?

You think the android folks are throwing hacked binaries around the place?

Android is under the APL2, which has even less restriction than the GPL, The
source is available to anyone. I don't really see what's proprietary about
it. Check out koolu for their android source git, though the mainline source
is available directly from google.

Some of the android images have worked a hell of a lot more smoothly than
anything that came out of OM, too.