root almighty

rixed at happyleptic.org rixed at happyleptic.org
Wed May 20 09:29:22 CEST 2009

-[ Tue, May 19, 2009 at 04:59:35PM +0100, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra ]----
> > What's proprietary about android?
>
> The DRM locking you out of applying changes to phones. The excuse of "oh, its the
> phone maker/operator that does it" is a mere smoke screen.

Like you I don't feel confortable with Android, yet I don't think one could
say Android on the FR is less free than any other free software.

The problem is not that it's not free but rather that its copyright owner
is willing to produce non-free phones with it. To be able to do that they
had to refuse to use the community software and create/buy their own. Then,
as a community, why should we support a software intentionaly designed to
create closed phones ?